|Construction Paper Daffodils
What You Need
Yellow and green construction paper
1. Draw and cut out a simple flower with five round petals
from yellow construction paper. This will be the base of the
2. Cut a yellow rectangle, about 1 1/2 inches tall by 3 1/2
inches long. This will be the center of the daffodil.
3. Wrap the rectangle around two of your fingers (or around
an adult's thumb) and glue it to itself to form a cylinder.
4. Make lots of little cuts in the top of the cylinder, to form
skinny tabs. Make fewer cuts in the bottom for wider tabs.
5. Curl the skinny tabs outwards a little. Fold the wider tabs
6. Glue the wide tabs onto the center of the 5-petal bottom
7. This daffodil looks especially great if a simple green leaf or
two is glued to the underside of the flower, sticking out a bit.
These flowers (with or without leaves) can be glued to a
picture frame, placemat or notebook to decorate them.
|Picture Books That Explore and Illuminate