What You Need:
White paper plates
Colored construction paper
How To Make Them:
1. Trace your hand on the construction paper. Use
lots of different colors or select a simple color
scheme of just a few colors. You can trace your
mom's or dad's hand too!
2. Cut out the hand tracings
3. Starting from the outside of the plate, glue on the
handprints, with palms pointing in, so that the
fingers become the flower’s petals.
4. Once you’ve gone around the plate once, start
another circle of handprints, with the fingers
overlapping the palms of the first circle. Keep
going until you’ve come to the center of the plate.
5. Cut out a small circle of construction paper and
glue it to the middle of plate.
|Picture Books That Explore and Illuminate