Flashlight Press publishes fictional children’s picture books. Make sure your manuscript:
- targets 4–8 year olds
- is under 1000 words
- has a universal theme
- deals with family or social situations
- feels like a Flashlight Press book. Study our books to determine whether your story is a true fit.
– If you are an AGENT who would like to submit a project on behalf of a client, please contact email@example.com.
– If you are an ARTIST who wants to be considered as an illustrator for our projects, please send your URL and a few lo-res samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– If you are an ARTIST with an illustrated book/manuscript you’d like us to consider, please submit according to the guidelines for Author, below, and send to email@example.com.
– If you are an un-agented AUTHOR who would like to submit a manuscript, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org,following these steps:
1) Email Subject: Query for [title of your manuscript]
2) Copy the following into the body of your email, and fill in every field.
Title of Story:
Subject or Theme of story (1-5 words):
Summary (3 sentences or less):
City, State, Country:
If you have been published previously, list titles, publishers, and pub dates:
Anything else you’d like to tell us:
3) Attach your manuscript as a Word file or PDF.
Multiple submissions are allowed, but please send only one query per email.
Within a week, you should receive an automated reply that we’ve received your story. If we are interested, we will contact you within three months.Snail mail submissions are not accepted.